- Policy Scope. This policy only applies to information collected through the Site; it does not cover any other personal information Vena Stone may collect or receive from other sources. Unless otherwise provided for in another portion of the Site’s terms and conditions, this policy does not apply to any kind of business information, only to personal information.
- Type of Information Collected. You may browse the Site without creating an account, but certain features may not be available to you, unless and until you have an account with Vena Stone. When creating an account, Vena Stone may collect your name, email address, address, contact information, username, password, or any other additional information you may provide to us. We may also collect information from you if you elect to log into our Site through any third party service or account, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+. The option to use such third party sites may occur and will be at your sole option. The information we will be able to access from such third party sites will depend on what privacy settings you use with the third party site. We may additionally collect the following types of Personal Information through the Site.
- Business owner contact information, including, but not limited to: name, address, email address, phone number, and individual title information.
- Information about your visits to and use of this Site or the websites of third party services to help us maintain the appropriate features, functionality, and user experience.
- Information to verify your identity, including without limitation, social security number, user name, password, driver’s license, age, or date of birth.
- Any other personal information you may submit or upload to the Site or provide to us through email.
We may also attach any Personal Information we collect through other sources, such as public records, demographic information, and any other background information. Vena Stone may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information, including the website from which you came from, your IP address, browser type, and information relating to the device you used to access the Site. Vena Stone may combine this information with Personal Information to improve the services offered to you.
- Direct Collection. If you create an account with Vena Stone, you will be required to provide certain Personal Information to register, some of this information may be optional, but some may be required to create the account. Additional information may be gathered if you chose to provide it.
- Uses of Personal Information. We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To respond to any of your requests or inquiries, or other customer service related purposes;
- To adjust offerings and services to you;
- To provide you with information regarding our company or products;
- To authenticate visitors to our Site;
- To improve our Site, offerings, or services we provide; or
- To better understand how users interact with the Site.
- Third Party Disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties for the following limited purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to products or services that we believe you might be interested in.
- To respond to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required to by law.
- To protect or enforce our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- To comply with bankruptcy proceedings. In the event of the sale or dissolution of all our assets you will be notified of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- To any third parties involved in the process of providing services to us or you or performing functions on our behalf, such as contractors, customer service providers, credit bureaus, and collection agencies. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us; or
- To provide products or services that you have requested.
- User Access. If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer want to receive updates, or if you no longer want to be contacted about new products, you may correct, update, amend, delete, remove, or deactivate your account or your Personal Information by emailing customer support. You may also do any of the following by email:
- See what, if any, data we have about you;
- Change or correct data bout you;
- Request that we delete any data we have concerning you; or
- Express any concerns you may have about the use of your data.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active. We will also retain your information as long as needed to provide you services after your account has been deactivated. In addition, we will keep or retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
- Marketing Communications. We may send you emails from time to time about information that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers from us, or other third parties, which may include our newsletter or information about special offers, products, offerings, or other items. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional emails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such email. Please note that it may take up to 14 days for us to process any given opt-out request. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we may still send you emails regarding your account or any products or services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes.
- Vena Stone takes reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Information through vigorous physical, electronic, and operational policies and practices. Your information can only be read or written through defined service access points, which are password protected. Physical security is accomplished through firewalls and secured servers. Access to the system is controlled.
We also equip our servers with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate technology to ensure that when you connect you are actually on our Site. SSL also ensures that all data entered through the Site is encrypted. To verify that SSL is being used look for a padlock or key icon in your browser. Portions of the Site may also use “CAPTCHA” technology, which is a test that is used to make certain that transactions are being initiated by a human and not another computer. The test involves viewing a distorted image of a word that a computer would not be able to interpret and then entering the text shown in the image. All Granite and Marble Corp., subjects the systems to periodic security audits to ensure that all User information is thoroughly protected and secured.
- Secure Hosting. We store any and all, sensitive financial data in a secure environment.
- Your password is not known to any employee or third party with whom we may partner and we will never ask for your password as a means of identifying yourself. You should never share your password with anyone and if you ever receive an email purporting to come from us that asks for your password you should report the email to us, so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Protecting Your Password. In addition to our own substantial efforts, you can take several precautions to protect the security of your account and Personal Information. You should start by using a complex or well-chosen password. You should not use any information that others can easily learn about you, such as a family member’s name or birthday; you should also use special characters in place of letters. While these are not mandatory requirements for your password, it is highly recommended. We also recommend that you change your password frequently. You should also install and regularly update antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software to protect your computer or device from external attacks by malicious users. When you are finished with a session on the Site, you should log out and close the browser window. If you are accessing the Site in an area that is accessed by other people, such as a library or internet café, you should take special precautions to protect the security of your account. After finishing using the Site you should log out, close the browser window, and clear the browser’s cache files.
- Phishing. You should be aware of fraudulent attempts to gain access to your account information known as “phishing.” Phishing is a tactic used by scammers in which unsuspecting people are brought to a website by a genuine-looking email purporting to be from a legitimate company. These false emails take the person to a website that looks legitimate, but is not. Either in the email itself or on this fake site scammers will ask for login information to gain access to people’s accounts to gain access to credit card information and other similar data. House Tipster will never ask you for your login information in the context of any email. You can protect yourself from phishing by never providing personal or login information via an email, instead go to the page directly. You can also check the URL of a webpage to be certain that it has the correct domain, which is: www.venastone.com.
- Session Time-Outs. We also employ session time-outs to protect your account. You will be logged out of the Site automatically after a specified period of inactivity. This time-out feature reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.